CPM is a professional engineering and consulting services company. We provide civil engineering, project management, field oversight and representation, quality assurance and quality control, scheduling, cost estimating, and construction inspection for water and wastewater utilities, drainage systems, tunnels and microtunnels, roadways and highways. We have worked with federal, state, and local government agencies, institutional and educational organizations, and commercial enterprises.
Some of our projects include:
· Texas Department of Transportation, State Highway 130 -
As a team member of this central Texas turnpike project, we are one of several firms currently providing field observation and inspection services for the construction of highways and bridges associated with the 49-mile central Texas toll road, the largest road construction project in the nation to date. Projected cost, $2.7 billion. Estimated completion is December 2008.
· Texas Department of Transportation, Safety Rest Area Program – CPM is providing building construction inspection services as a prime consultant to TX DOT for the State highway’s rest areas near Seguin in Guadalupe County as part of the state funded and federally enhanced efforts to renovate and improve operational facilities, sanitary conditions, and security at all Texas travel stops. Total project cost, $5 million.
· The City of Austin 1997 Annexation Program - The largest and most complex annexation yet attempted by the City of Austin, CPM provided construction oversight and inspection services for 20 of this program’s $50 million projects to rehabilitate, improve, and add water and wastewater services to the existing annexed neighborhoods.
· The Ullrich Underground Tunnel – Provided construction inspection services for the City underground tunnel project from Ullrich Water Treatment Plant to Lake Austin Blvd., engineered by CH2M Hill. This $23 million tunnel was 3800' of 8' x 10' with depths from 100 to 300 feet.
· Walnut Creek Wastewater Treatment Plant Upgrade –
CPM delivered the construction inspection services, included low and high service pump stations, a 1-million gallon storage tank, disinfection system improvements, piping, civil, landscaping, new electrical building, electrical improvements, instrumentation, and process control improvements.
· Walnut Creek Water Reuse Initiative - Pump Station and Underground Pipeline – Provided construction inspection services on this City project that was 7400' of 52" tunnel in rock, and ranged in depths from 20 to 50 feet. Contractor used a TBM for this $8 million project.
· City Hall Water Distribution System – CPM provided project oversight and construction inspection services for this City of Austin $2.3 million project to install water lines in the new City Hall building and plaza, one of Austin’s leading landmark buildings.
· U.S. Highway 183 West MUD Integration and Optimization - Provided construction oversight and inspection services on the unique project which consisted of 136 linear feet of 24”, 2100 linear feet of 16”, 794 linear feet of 12”, 33 linear feet of 8” and 18 linear feet of 6” water transmission main. Work included installation of two PRV stations, removal of master meters and vaults, and installation of piping and valves for highway improvements.
· Texas School for the Deaf – Performed project control functions on the 5 year, $45 million project to expand and renovate existing campus while occupied. Created and maintained project schedule using Primavera software, reviewed proposed change orders and contract modifications.
What We Do